The life and times of Jen's Kitchen

Jen's Kitchen is a food relief and outreach services program to survival sex workers in Vancouvers Downtown Eastside. Jen and her volunteers walk the streets handing out food and doing spiritual warfare. Est. 2004.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Healing

Jen's Kitchen was out last night handing out food and Christmas gifts to the women. When we got to trann stroll (transvestites prostituting) to my suprise I came across the tranny who attacked me and broke my nose two years ago.

It was interesting because I had no anger, resentment or retaliation as I was standing face to face with this person. I was able to show Jesus' love and give him a Christmas gift and lunch and talk to the person (general Hi, how are you, stay safe) and walk away.

It is amazing the growth Jesus has done in me because if I had bumped into this person before now I wouldn't have thought twice about attacking the person. So that just shows Jesus' timing is always right and the healing that has taken place in my life. Jesus knew it was the right time for me to see the person again, that it would be ok and that there would be no problems.

It says in the Bible, 'by Jesus' stripes we are healed' and Jesus did a great example of that last night. I am still amazed by what happened. Jesus is good.

-Jen

4 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice blog Jen! Good to hear the healing Jesus is doing in your life!

    Andrew & Kirsty

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jen! Blog looks great.



    Billy from Calgary.


    God bless!

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jen,
    Great to see you have a blog.
    Wonderful way to keep in touch and show us what Jesus is doing through His servants on East hastings.
    The Lord Bless You and Keep You.
    Cheers
    Doug Young

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey babe.
    Keep the healing flow alive on the streets.
    YOU ARE TOOO MUCH.
    Great Grace.
    Danielle
    Vancouver

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker