The life and times of Jen's Kitchen

Jen's Kitchen is a food relief and outreach services program to survival sex workers in Vancouvers Downtown Eastside. Jen and her volunteers walk the streets handing out food and doing spiritual warfare. Est. 2004.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Grandmothers are funny!

I was talking to my grandmother yesterday for about an hour.
Now my grandmother loves Jesus,speaks her mind,has a very strong personality and if she doesn't agree with what you say she'll tell you.
Oh yes and is always reminding us to "Save your money for a rainny day"
If you tell her your going to school she will ask what your taking,then question how that's going to improve your life,or what job are you going to get with that.?
So if your not going to become a Doctor,law student,nurse etc
She thinks it's a waste of your time,money etc.
So I told her I applied to go to the War College,explained it was bible school basically.
She asks "So what kind of job can you get from that".
I was a little surprised she didn't put it together Christain,Bible School,Better relationship with Jesus Etc.
Instead I had to explain it to her,and sorry I wasn't going to become prime Minister of the country from this education.
So I said to her "When I get to heaven & see you I'll explain how this education benefited me."
You got to love grandmothers!!

Jen

3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Carla said…

    you're funny!

    C

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe you Jen, war college is beneficial See you in heaven!

    Kirsty.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great beаt ! ӏ would liκe
    to apρгentice while you amend уouг web site, how
    can i subscribe fοr а blog sіte?

    The accоunt aided me a acceptable dеal. I had been a little bit aсquаinted of this yοur broadсast оffered bright clear concept

    Here is mу wеbsite ... arizona debt consolidation loan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker