The life and times of Jen's Kitchen

Jen's Kitchen is a food relief and outreach services program to survival sex workers in Vancouvers Downtown Eastside. Jen and her volunteers walk the streets handing out food and doing spiritual warfare. Est. 2004.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feeding the hungry

Sara,Barcha,& myself were at Mc Donalds trying to past time untill our movie started.
This lady approched us asking for money,we all said we didn't have any.
On our way to the movie we all started talking about why we couldn't give this woman any money.
We all admited we felt bad for lying to her,I said "Well if she's around when we come out of the movie,I'll buy her something to eat."
Well sure enough she was around when we came out and like I promised I bought her something to eat.
As I was pulling out the money to pay for her food a security officer came up and asked her to leave,I quickley told him I was buying her something to eat.
The security officer said to me "I wouldn't do that because then she'll never leave"
That comment pissed me off I turned around to him and said "I hope when your hungry & poor someone does the same for you." Well the security officer didn't like that comment & left.
He was wrong, as soon as that woman got something to eat,she was no where to be seen.
It was wired, I said to Sara" So where is this lady that wasn't going to leave at.?
I also could feel the holy spirit around us.
I think Jesus was teaching us a lesson.

Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker