The life and times of Jen's Kitchen

Jen's Kitchen is a food relief and outreach services program to survival sex workers in Vancouvers Downtown Eastside. Jen and her volunteers walk the streets handing out food and doing spiritual warfare. Est. 2004.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Working on Jesus's time

Iam learning everything works on Jesus's time even if you have to work late at night.
Last night I got home late from North Vancouver,when Jen's Kitchen got a big donation of Can
goods,rice,juice & clothes etc dropped off.
I grabbed the closes set of hands to help me walk all this food and clothes down to the Vivan.
The boxes were so heavy I was afraid of the food falling on the ground, so I took a lot of rest breaks along with praying to Jesus for endurance.
Knowing this my volunteer asked if I would like to stop and have another break I said "No Jesus just gave me some strengh,let's just make it the last block with out stopping."
The sad thing is the Vivan is just 3 blocks away from Jen's Kitchen.
My arms felt like jello after,I am so weak. (Ha Ha)
Over all it was a busy day for Jen's Kitchen as far as food hampers go, In the afternoon I had to run down to the Salvation Army to get bread,scones and english muffins for the Vivan.
Then do up 3 food hampers for various servival sex workers in the community.
We didn't stop until 11PM at night,then I didn't go to bed until 4Am.

Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker