The life and times of Jen's Kitchen

Jen's Kitchen is a food relief and outreach services program to survival sex workers in Vancouvers Downtown Eastside. Jen and her volunteers walk the streets handing out food and doing spiritual warfare. Est. 2004.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Telling The Truth

I am taking a class at SFU called (The History Of Sex Work.)
Now all of the women in this class think the sex trade is empowering and it should be decriminalized.
Yesterday I was explaining my project(It's on violence and Death in the sex trade)
Now a lot of women got mad and didn't like what I was saying.
They told me I should be talking about how postive the sex trade is and the goodness that e comes out of it etc.
I stood up in the class and said "I don't think the sex trade is one bit empowering".
Well you should have seen the mouths drop.
Because 3 Years ago I was the one shouting from the roof top on how the sex trade was a good thing.
One of my class mates that knows I am a Christain stood up and said" You know what this is those Christain floks got their hands on Jen and put this crap in to her mind".
Then she started gently shaken me saying "don't walk towards the light,come back to us Jen".
But outside of class room these women have told me one on one how they are proud I got out of the sex trade.
Or how the Post tramatic Stress has gotten to them,they are'nt happy with their dailey lives in the trade.
Mabey some one should tell them the more they make fun of me for being a christain,the more they are helping me get into Heaven.


Jen

3 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Aurora said…

    Oh man, keep preaching it! That's awesome! Your life is a testimony of God's grace.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Rochelle said…

    You go girl! Nothing speaks like personal experience. I don't know you, but I was blessed by this. Thank you. grace, Rochelle

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well-I still think you are stupid for helping hookers but at least you have the common sense to know that prostitution is NOT empowering. I don't agree that prostitution should be decriminalized. Prostitutes are dirty and spread disease. They should all be rounded up and buried in a hole in the ground.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker